- Your right and left eyes are almost never the same prescription. Over the counter (OTC) reading glasses by law must have the same power in both lenses and will not be able to correct your vision properly.
- Mass produced reading glasses don’t correct astigmatism. Astigmatism is extremely common, and occurs when the cornea is not perfectly round and light does not bend evenly which results in blurred vision. OTC readers cannot correct for astigmatism.
- Your Optician will measure for your optical center. This is the section of the eyeglass lens that provides the best, most focused vision and should fall directly in front of your pupils. Factories cannot mass produce glasses with your individual optical center.
- The quality of the lenses will be better. Drugstore reading glasses are typically made with acrylic material, while an Optician will provide optically better and more durable materials such as optical plastic or polycarbonate.
- Your Optician will custom fit your glasses to your particular head measurements, and the length at which you prefer to hold your reading materials. The result: improved comfort and best possible vision correction.
5 Reasons Why Prescription Reading Glasses Will Improve Your Reading Experience
February 25, 2015
Please follow and like us: