Do you think you can’t wear contact lenses?
Think again says Mike DiNapoli. Mike is the region’s foremost expert on specialized contact lens fittings. He inherited his fascination with contacts from his father who, since 1957, had a sub-specialty in fitting contacts for patients with unique problems. This trial and error process requires patience and Mike enjoys the challenge of helping people attain improved vision when they originally thought contacts were not a good choice for them. The initial consultation is always free, and with a success rate of over 90%, DiNapoli offers the guarantee of a full refund if Mike is unable to fit the patient.
What kinds of cases does Mike treat?
- Keratoconus: Keratoconus is becoming a very common disorder affecting at least 1 person per 2000 according to the Global Keratoconus Foundation. This progressive eye disease causes the normally round cornea to take on a cone-like shape, thus distorting vision. Mike DiNapoli has worked with over 500 of these patients to successfully and comfortably correct their vision.
- Trauma or Post-Surgical Patients: When the iris or the part of the eye containing color is injured through trauma or surgery, the eye color may change. Mike does custom color matching so that the patient’s eye colors match. He also fits contacts for patients who have had corneal graft surgery and those with residual problems from radial kerototomy and Lasik procedures.
- Photophobia: This disorder causes a severe sensitivity to light. Mike creates dark brown lenses which significantly soften bright light thus reducing discomfort.
- Severe Dry Eye: Scleral lenses are a good therapeutic choice for these patients. Scleral lenses fit over the white part of the eye with a sealed dome over the cornea. Mike uses a technique of filling these lenses with a large amount of preservative-free saline which seals in moisture and provides relief from dry eye.
- People with Unusual Shape to their Eyes: People with irregular shapes to their eyes include those who have had surgery, keratoconus, and severe astigmatism.
- Patients with Retinal Damage: Mike employs an experimental and innovative use of scleral lenses on these patients with good success rates.
- Highly Near-Sighted, Far-Sighted and High Astigmatism Patients
- Young Children
- Cosmetic Eye Color Change: Patients who would like to change the color of their eyes for cosmetic reasons can be fitted for their ideal color.
- People Who Have Been Unsuccessful in the Past with Contact Lenses: People who believe that contacts are “not for them” can frequently be fitted by Mike DiNapoli. Mike works to design and engineer a contact lens solution that addresses each person’s particular needs. He will find the exact lens for the exact condition. In addition, if you haven’t tried contacts in a while, DiNapoli stays on top of the newest developments in the field. There are new specialty products every year!
Don’t give up on contact lenses until you’ve made an appointment with Mike DiNapoli!